For the next few weeks, METS will be posting a word of the day. Some will be in the SAT prep vein, others will be college-related words you may have heard, and not completely understood.
Today’s word is: tenacious
- holding fast; characterized by keeping a firm hold (often followed by of):a tenacious grip on my arm; tenacious of old habits.
- highly retentive:a tenacious memory.
- pertinacious, persistent, stubborn, or obstinate.
- adhesive or sticky; viscous or glutinous.
- holding together; cohesive; not easily pulled asunder; tough.